INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS Packaged Items included
- (1) THERMALBLADE HEATED SAFETY WIPER
- (1) HEATING ELEMENT AND WIRING HARNESS (INSTALLED)
- (1) REPLACEABLE SQUEEGEE (INSTALLED)
- (1) UNIVERSAL WIPER ARM ADAPTER INSTRUCTIONS.
Designed for 12 volt system ONLY! (24 Volt System is available on special order)
The wiring of the wipers is very straight forward. Please see below or view the promotional video instruction below.
A number of different methods are possible, the following steps are recommended.
- Attach wipers to the wiper arm (adapter instructions are included in Package)
- Feed the ground wire and power wire from the wipers into the engine compartment by following the wiper arm to the wiper motor pivot point
- Wire tie the wire on the underside of the wiper arm
- Leave a little slack at the wiper pivot point. Engine Compartment:
- Using wire ties layout your wires in the engine compartment. Train your wires to reach the auxillary power supply fuse panel.
- Remove the lid of the fuse box
- Find a Switched fuse that is only powered when the key is turned to the “ON” Position
- Remove a fuse identified as a switched source of power Plug the fuse into the bottom port of a fuse block adapter as shown in the illustration
- Crimp the two power leads from the wiper into the fuse block adapter.
- Plug in a 10 amp fuse to the top port of the fuse block adapter
- Insert the fuse block adapter where your original fuse had been
- Ground the wipers to a solid metal part of the vehicle
- Close the lid of the fuse box
- Close the bonnet
No additional steps are necessary
Enjoy clear visibility:
When the thermostat drops below 3.3 Degrees C / 38 Degrees F the wiper will activate automatically, this is your switch.
Close the bonnet and wait for freezing conditions to watch the wiper free itself from ice and frost and eliminate ice and snow build up while driving.